Tuesday, January 6, 2009

WELCOME 2009


I have been a tad slow getting back to the Blog! I did not take my own advice and over-scheduled for Christmas. For pity sakes, I'm exhausted and I'm not even caught up yet. Christmas is still stacked in the hall. David is still camping under the mistletoe and I'm really not in the kissing mood, if you know what I mean! I just got back from Walmart and I might as well get in the mood because Valentines are everywhere!

Ready or not, 2009 is here! We could choose to stay in bed with the covers pulled over our head, but it wouldn't change the calender. So...let's all get up and get started with all the appointments God has for us this year. In fact, let's run toward the future He has planned for us in 2009. My friend, Beth, has me memorizing scriptures. The one this week is from Isaiah and it says "He will be the SURE foundation for my times..." In the midst of so much uncertainty, I'm glad to be sure of where I'm standing and Who I'm standing for! Join me in getting excited about all the possibilities for this year. Act child-like in your excitement, because you are a child of the King!

P.S. I need to run and get that mistletoe down before "you know who" gets home from work.

2 comments:

Connie McWhorter said...

I love your blogs. It just makes me feel as if I've gotten to visit with you! Have a great beginning of this new year! Love you, Connie Mc

beth spray said...

you are too funny!!!
i, too, am thankful for that SURE foundation!! thanks for the reminder to stand!!!