Thursday, March 19, 2009

MY GOD IS SO BIG!



This morning in my quiet time, I read the neatest verse out of "The Message" by Eugene Peterson: "God's love is meteoric, His loyalty astronomic, His purpose titanic, His verdicts oceanic. Yet in His largeness, nothing gets lost; not a man, not a mouse, slips through the cracks."

This verse should bring us great comfort and hope. No matter the problem, He is bigger. In spite of the obstacle, He can get around it. If I run far away, He can find me. In His "largeness" nothing gets lost. Not a middle aged woman and not a little boy.

I pray you find much joy today.

1 comment:

Keri said...

So happy to find your blog!!!

And what a perfect post for me to read first thing. I felt some of God's "bigness" this past week when we were camping. The starts were incredible and very much reminded me how big and vast God is, and yet still knows me by name.

I have been clinging to this promise the last 3 weeks since Scot lost his job. If I focus on anything other than Him, I panic.

I wrote (really God wrote) a post called Miracles about a week ago. I still read it and can't believe God used me to write it. It reminds me to not let my pre-conceived idea of what a miracle looks like take away from the many unexpected miracles I see every day.

Now, I'm going to sit here and go back to the beginning of your blog and catch up a little bit on your life!!!