Thursday, March 18, 2010

JUMPING THROUGH HOOPS



"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10

The Lord and I had a discussion this morning. Actually, He talked and I listened! He brought to my mind and heart so many incidents from the past when He had given me a specific word about a where I should walk with him. He reminded me of His plans for me that I had failed to accomplished because of a heavy dose of fear in my life. I remembered so many times I was kept from God's best for me, due to other's opinions, both spoken and perceived.

Why is it we worry so much more about what others think, rather than what God requires of us. I have jumped through some giant hoops just so I could please people. I could testify of time and time again when I drove myself crazy trying to make everyone happy and in the end no one was, and I was exhausted (and a little mad!)

This morning I committed to get myself free from the things that have entangled me and kept me from walking in God's perfect will for me. I'm still a people-pleaser, but I want to worry less about people and more about God's opinion of me. The only hoops I am jumping through from now on are the ones on God's court!

What about you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweet friend! If only I looked as cute as Jackson when I try to jump through hoops! Thanks for your thoughts and encouragement through your gift of writing from the heart. Love you and miss you! Melinda

Kay Barnes Martin said...

I can so identify with you on this one! God convicted me of trying too hard to please others several years ago - still try too hard, but I am better. I truly want to please Him!