Friday, November 21, 2008

IN A HEARTBEAT, EVERYTHING CHANGES...

Yesterday was a special day in the Haines' family. Jeremy and Jessica went to the doctor and heard the heartbeat of their second child. And immediately, we became the grandparents of 3 children! Now, I know that God had already begun to knit that sweet baby together inside Jes. But, Thursday made it official... another blessing is on the way to our family. This little blessing came as a surprise to all of us, but not to God. He knew exactly what we all needed.

Much has been said these past months about change. Even "good" changes can be challenging for some of us! There are a great many things that can change in a heartbeat. A well spoken word restores hope to the hopeless; A distracted driver runs a red light; A rebellious life is given to the Savior; A suspicious spot appears on an x-ray. With any of these situations, our lives will be changed in a heartbeat. But, you and I can rest knowing our Savior will be a constant fixture. He is an unchanging God. He is our Hope. He is our Rock. He is our Peace.

My family is changing again. We can hardly wait. I am not worried over the future, because my God is already there. My sweet in-laws celebrate birthdays this month. They were both born in the early 20's. They have spent their entire life trusting God for their family. They have seen so much "change" in their 80+ years. I cannot even imagine what changes my grandchildren will see in the next 80 years! But, I do know my faithful God will be there for them with every heartbeat!

4 comments:

beth spray said...

okay - so i am starting the day out in tears!! thank you for that sweet post! we rejoice with you all over the baby in jessica's belly! we rejoice also that the Savior that makes the heart beat also holds us in His hands!! thank you for the reminder to rest in HIM!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you and your family. A new life always gives us hope. In an every-changing world we need the hope that only Christ can give. He truly is in charge of our tomorrows and this little blessing from Him reminds us that He is our Hope for He is the creator of life.

Love,
Kay

Anonymous said...

I was just telling God this morning how fickle and frail I am. One minute everything is right with life, the next minute I'm overwhelmed with concern for those I love. I don't know how people do it with the Solid Rock.
Susan M.

moose99 said...

Well said! I am so excited for all of you. BTW, got on Spartanburg's website a moment ago and watched your precious son lead worship. And the Spirit absolutely has a way through him... Love ya bunches and can't wait to see you in 2 wks! =Paige