Thursday, November 13, 2008

WHAT'S YOUR SIGN

I love collecting little signs that have cute sayings on them. For example,
"I'm not a nag, I'm a motivational speaker" or "I love you more than yesterday. Yesterday you really got on my nerves". They mostly hang in my kitchen to give me something to laugh about when I am cooking and cleaning up (two things I do not find much humor in.)Some of the plaques are from friends who know me way too well, "Dear God, put your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth!" One of my newest signs says, "Some of life's greatest blessings call me Nonnie" and as soon as Jackson and Gavin can talk, they will!

I wonder sometimes what our life's signs look like to the others. "I'm too blessed to be stressed" or "Don't mess with me, I'm hormonal!" (I have been both!) Do people see the joy of the Lord on our faces or do they only see brokeness and bitterness? Does our demeanor welcome people or warn them to keep their distance? When life has given me lemons, I have sometimes made lemonade but, sometimes I forgot to add the sugar and everyone went away with a sour experience. What power we hold in our own hands. Power to influence good and bad. Power to build up or to tear down. Power to make healthy or wound. I don't know about you, but I am sure glad I have the Lord Jesus in my heart. I would be hopeless without Him.

So, today I am going to dust off the pictures in my heart and make sure they reflect the right messages to those I meet. I encourage you to do the same. Oh, by the way, "You don't have to drive me crazy, I'm close enough to walk!"

2 comments:

Beverly Wooley said...

One of my daughters gave me a fridge magnet that says: If it's not one thing - it's your MOTHER! Think there's a message in that one?? Sure gave me a good laugh!

Anonymous said...

Hello from Southaven!! I love your blog! I am forwarding it to evryone. You have such a wonderful way of getting to the heart by way of laughter. I want you to know that through all the things I have been through these last few years, your wisdom and advice still ring in my ears and I have found such comfort and encouragement through them. I am so glad you are continuing to allow God to use your wonderful talent. We are all blessed because of it.