Sunday, May 3, 2009

THE BABY BOY'S DAY


Tomorrow my youngest son has a birthday. Bless his heart, all his life, the entire family has celebrated a birthday before it was his turn. And believe me, nobody liked a party more than Jordan. As each of us would take a turn celebrating our special day, Jordan would say "My birthday be May 4!" (not 4th, but 4)

Ever since we brought our youngest home, he has kept us on our toes. He climbed before he walked and he walked too early. He talked later than some because his big brother translated his "unknown tongue" way too long. Oh my goodness, once he did talk... he argued, debated and communicated his opinions perfectly! I studied nights to keep a few steps ahead of him. (He passed me up when he was in 6th grade!)


I want to share with you just a few things that make my baby so special to me.

1. He has always loved his Mom!
2. He has always stepped up to the plate to do the hard things
3. Not many fears, this one, even if he had them, he faced them
4. When circumstances demanded he move his junior year in high school, he went willingly even though he loved his school here in Houston. When I offered to stay behind with him and let him graduate, he said "No Way, I'll miss my Dad too much"
5. He never got a fair shake at his new school and it was hard... sometimes harder for his Dad and I then for him, but he stayed the course and finished strong.
6. He really is a "rocket scientist"
7. He married well.
8. He's a good Dad.
9. Last week, he called me to tell me about a man in his division that lost his job. He told me he was heart sick about it. He has compassion when it counts.
10. He loves Jesus.

I have seen many promises in scripture fulfilled for this boy. Next week is a big week for Matthew Jordan Haines. Another birthday, another graduation, another career goal reached.

We are so proud of you son. It's May 4... Happy Birthday

1 comment:

ajhaines05 said...

that is a sweet, sweet post! (and im not just saying that because I married him)