Thursday, November 17, 2011

A NEW BIBLE


I have a new Bible and I love it. It's pink, because in just a few years when my grand daughter can read, I'm going to give it to her. The pages are all still stuck together and I can't find a single familiar marking in it. Every page is waiting for me to discover old treasures in a fresh new way. I keep my favorite pen and highlighter handy to mark my new favorite Scriptures! I'm always thinking of that sweet blonde angel who will follow behind me. I pray I will be around to open the treasures up for her, but if not, I intend to leave a trail she can follow.

I'm extremely aware of the responsibility of leaving a godly legacy for my own family. But too often I forget about those who might be following along behind me and I'm completely unaware of my influence. Any day I miss out on an opportunity to tell someone about my Jesus, either in word or deed, is a day wasted. This week in Bible Study, we talked about our "circle of influence." We all have one. God has purposed a mission field for everyone of us.

How are you using the influence God has given you?

2 comments:

The Haines said...

I know she will treasure it always :)

Kay Barnes Martin said...

Oh my! How precious she is!! A wonderful idea to pass the pink Bible along!