Saturday, October 25, 2008

TREASURE HUNTING


David and I went to an estate sale this morning. Boring... I know, but we just love looking for treasures. David found a tool of some sort that guarantees you will drill perfectly straight holes in your woodworking projects. He does not have any woodworking projects and I can't remember the last time he needed to drill holes in anything, but nevertheless, if the need arises, we are ready!

Going through the things that are part of an estate sale always make me pause and wonder what will be left of David and I when God moves us to our eternal address. (After moving twice in the last two years, Praise God, He will be doing the relocating for us!) We don't have things of great value that will attract antique dealers. Our treasures have more to do with memories and the people who created them. I so hope what we leave behind will not be things, but will be legacies that our children and grandchildren will always be able to treasure. I pray they will clearly see a lifeline to Jesus and all He blessed the Haines' with. I will be delighted if they remember they laughed their heads off at the antics of their Mom and Dad. I will truly be blessed if they will remember they come from a long line of love, committment and grace.

So years from now, when the time comes for Jeremy and Jordan to sort through everything, hopefully memories will fill the biggest boxes. Of course, if memories are not enough to treasure, there's always that drill press!

7 comments:

moose99 said...

I just love the blog!!!! Finally! You know other than your boys, I am your biggest fan and am ready and waiting to read anything your sweet Jesus-loving heart will write. Persevere my dear friend. The victory is His! Love you bunches, Paige Great pictures by the way...

Phillips said...

Congrats on your new blog!!! I love it. It looks great and like Paige I love reading all of your wisdom.

beth spray said...

okay - i third this!! the blog is great and i can't wait to read more! you always bring a smile to my heart - even if it is sprinkled with a few tears!!

kphillips said...

ditto to all 3 comments! love & miss you bunches!

SusanM. said...

I'm so glad you're blogging. I'm looking forward to lots of entertaining inspriation!

Beverly Parrish said...

Thanks so much for letting me know about your blog. I love that you write like you talk! Can't wait to read more. Do you know that I am back in Mississippi? Yep. It's true. Moved about 2 weeks ago to Jackson. CRAZY!! It is good thing that only God could have done.

Debbie said...

I was so excited to see that you have a blog. I have saved it as one of my favorites, so I'll be checking it often. Looking forward to hearing from you . I miss you, Love, Debbie @ Trinity