Saturday, July 18, 2009

A FUN AFTERNOON

I had such a great afternoon speaking to the ladies at Jersey Village Baptist Church here in the Houston area. (I wish I had taken my camera, you would have loved the pictures!) Women from the church modeled outfits from an upscale consignment shop. Darling women and cute clothes. Then Erika Wise from Star of Hope Mission spoke for a few minutes about the ministry she is involved in. They meet the needs of women trying to get their lives together after some really difficult circumstances. All the women who attended the event this afternoon brought "gently worn" outfits that Erika was taking back to her office to help these ladies out. We had the cutest little cupcakes for dessert and then I had the honor of sharing a little with these precious ladies. I spoke about "What Not to Wear" in a spiritual sense instead of the fashion sense that TLC's Stacy and Clinton do.

I got so into the whole fashion show thing, that I closed out my time with a runway commentary. I thought I would share with you what I think THE GOD SEEKING, FAITH FINDING, WORD FOLLOWING WOMAN is wearing this Summer season. (Col.3:12-14)

First of all, HER COUNTENANCE IS GLOWING because she KNOWS she is dearly loved by God. She is not first on the runway of life because she let her new neighbor go first. She’s holding back, watching and applauding the loudest for her new friend who has just come out victorious in her latest battle. For those who knew this WORD FOLLOWING woman before, you will hardly recognize her. She just looks so peaceful there in the background. She seems so comfortable with her circumstances, she actually looks younger, it makes me think surely she has had a FAITH LIFT! Reports have said she was really nervous about this year and its events, BUT GOD has obviously assured her she was gifted and qualified for tasks ahead.
She was WEARING TRUTH in a way that looked really good on her. Her NEW CLOTHES FIT HER PERFECTLY. It is like they were CUSTOM MADE just for her. I’m told the LABEL and DESIGN HOUSE is called “THE GREAT I AM ENOUGH” and just from looking, you can tell HE CERTAINLY IS. HE has dressed her perfectly in the wardrobe HE picked out for her: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength and discipline are woven through the fabric of each of the garments she is wearing. I understand the WRAP she is wearing is called LOVE. It really is an outstanding accessory perfect for all climates and always in style. No Woman of God should ever leave home without it.

I encourage you to watch your "spiritual" wardrobe this week. I know I'm going to.

Thank you JVBC for the invitation and privilege of serving with you today.

6 comments:

beth spray said...

i LOVE this post!! thanks so much for being a "DESIGNED by GOD" consultant:0)

Keri said...

I love it!!! Sounds like those ladies were very blessed by you today. I miss seeing you......may have to talk Evangeline into a Wed. work day for me so I can "run into you".

Congrats on a job well done serving the Lord today!

ajhaines05 said...

Thanks for sharing! May have to suggest my mom-in-love coming to our church again!! love ya

Phillips said...

LOVE IT!!!So creative and perfect. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Unknown said...

It was wonderful seeing you again, Johnnie! We were SO blessed by what God put on your heart to share with us Saturday aftenoon.

I look forward to keeping up with you through your blog. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your post! You always do a good job with your speaking opportunities. Hope you are all doing really well!

Kay Martin