Thursday, December 6, 2018

A LITTLE LEVITY FOR THE SOUL


Always be full of joy in the Lord.  I will say it again-Rejoice!

Phil. 4:4 

I thought today I would share with you a funny Christmas memory from our family.  I absolutely love to laugh, and my boys have inherited that same love.  They just love to laugh at me! 

I have many Nativities in my house.  So many have been gifts from people I have loved through the years.  My family has given me some and I have also bought a few.  This year they are all over my house even in the bathrooms.  Some are beautiful and traditional others are a little quirky.  I have one that my baby boy has never loved.  When I bought it in a gift shop in Tennessee and brought it home, Jordan was appalled.  Every time I put it out when he was still living at home, he threatened to call for an intervention from the church where I worked.  He called it “sacrilegious” and “ridiculous.”  It just made me love it more.  It sets right beside my coffee pot in the kitchen and is one of the first things I see every single morning.  It makes me smile and think of my boy, who is now a fine man with boys of his own (who might have inherited their Nonnie’s sense of humor!)

What brings a smile to your face these days?  In spite of the news and media telling me that we are all doomed, I still find a great deal of joy in my day.    I pray you find some joy as well.  We are having Christmas at Jordan’s house this year.  I’m thinking this little Nativity might look really good sitting beside his coffee machine! I want to share the joy.

No comments: