Sunday, December 9, 2018

MY INHERITANCE



“Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.  You guard all that is mine.  The land you have given me is a pleasant land.  What a wonderful inheritance!”
Psalm 16:5-6
In addition to preparing to be snowed in, we have also gone into Spartanburg for the Nutcracker performance by Spartanburg Ballet.  Those of you who know us, know we are not really the “ballet” type people.  We tend to lean toward watching “How the Grinch stole Christmas” or “Frosty  the Snowman.”  However, in the last several years, we have seen the Nutcracker every year because we have a little ballerina in our family.  David and I have two sons and I always wanted a little girl.  I had visions of what the little girl would be like.  She would be feminine, but fierce. She would love to play dress up but would also be comfortable in her jeans.  She would be a touch of mischief and a lot of goodness. She would love Jesus and people.  Jenna Claire Haines is every one of those things.  Mostly she is a delight to her grandparents.  This year, she was also an angel! 

Last week as we were gathered around the dinner table, I told them that Grand D had kissed me under the mistletoe.  Everyone laughed except our granddaughter.  She told me it was totally inappropriate for grandparents to kiss, especially in front of their little grandchildren.  Of course, we kissed all the more. 

When I was younger and pictured how my life would be, I never imagined how God would bless me.  He’s given me more than I wanted and He has not given some things I thought I needed.  It so much more fun to have a granddaughter than to raise a daughter!  The boundary lines have fallen in wonderful places for this undeserving woman. 

What about you?  Are you bitter about the way your life has turned out?  It’s never too late to be happy.  Choose today to look at your blessings.  You will be amazed at all God has done. 




No comments: