Monday, December 17, 2018

WHERE ARE THE CHRISTMAS CARDS?



My Cards

 This Christmas, I have concluded that there is a big difference between younger people and people my age (not so young!) I know what you are thinking.  Younger people have more energy, less joint pain, more children running around and mini vans!  That is all true but has nothing to do with Christmas.  Here’s my take on the big difference.  Christmas cards are no longer just cards where you sign your name and extend greetings.  Christmas cards have become adorable picture events of darling families.  People my age, don’t want to send pictures of themselves.  Last year, Jessica and I had a little contest to see who could get the most cards.  I lost miserably.  This year I even mailed cards of my own hoping for a return on my investment.  Every day when the mail comes, I go to the mailbox hoping for a bunch of Christmas cards. But alas all I find are bills, catalogs and a dozen offers for credit cards.  (Not the cards I’m looking for!)
Jeremy and Jessica's cards

We are sharing our Christmas decorations in the house with Jeremy, Jessica and their children while they wait to build their dream house.  The grandchildren run in several times a week to put up their Christmas cards and laugh at my lack of correspondence.  Please don't send a card  because you feel sorry for me.  There is nothing worse then a pity Christmas card! 

I think the only answer is to make younger friends.  So, I’m coloring my hair and thinking of trading in my cute little car for a mini-van. 


No comments: