Tuesday, December 11, 2018

CONSIDER THE BIRDS



“Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life or what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear.  Is not life more than food and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?”

Matthew 6: 25-26

I hate to say it, but I’m a little tired of the snow.  It was so perfect and beautiful on Sunday morning, but it’s a little melty, slushy and muddy today.  I’ve been in pajamas since Saturday (not the same pair!) and haven’t put on a drop of makeup.  My family is a bit tired of me as well. 

Amid our cold snap, we have noticed the coolest thing.  My birdfeeders had been untouched for several weeks and suddenly the birds are everywhere.  It’s as if they knew the weather was so cold, they were going to need sustenance.  We spent so much time at the kitchen windows watching bird families gathering for meal time.  We have spent the time together with grandchildren and talked about nature and God’s amazing creation.  (We also watched a few Hallmark movies.)  I am so happy to have provided bird seed for my birds, but God would have taken care of them if I had neglected them.  He would because He promised He would.  He will take care of us too. 

As 2018 draws to a close and 2019 dawns, I want to worry less and trust more.  I’m going to pray more and gripe less.  I’m going to rest more and struggle less.  What about you?


No comments: