Sunday, December 2, 2018

CHECKING MY LIST


But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart

Luke 2:19  

Mary, the mother of Jesus, was a young teen-ager. She had just made an arduous journey on the back of a donkey!  Right after giving birth in a barn, there were shepherds and visitors speaking about stars and a man she hardly knew at all in her limited personal space!  Scripture gives us a sweet picture of Mary as she made notes in her heart and mind about all God had done for her.  Many of you reading this might be young and darling and you can still probably remember things.  I on the other hand, can sometimes forget my name.  Most times that I go to the bank, I must call my husband for my PIN number on my debit card.  I've had the same PIN for several years and sometimes, it just leaves me.  When David tells me what it is, I argue with him because it doesn't even sound familiar.  I write everything down and sometimes even then, I lose my list.  The most used tool on my cell phone is my list maker.  If I can remember my phone, then I will have my to-do list!

I don't want to be guilty of forgetting a blessing God has given me.  I want to remember the gifts, both big and small that fall from His hand to me.  I encourage you to take some time in the next week and make a list of all the gifts and blessings in your life.  You can even ask God to help you focus on the everyday miracles your life contains.  Write them down.  Thank him daily. It will make a difference in Christmas this year for you and your family.  

No comments: