Saturday, December 1, 2018

WHAT ARE YOU CARRYING AROUND?


WHAT ARE YOU CARRYING AROUND?

He who is pregnant with evil and conceives trouble gives birth to disillusionment.

Psalm 7:14

Occasionally I will be in the midst of my Bible Study and I will see a verse that I have never seen before.  It happened this week when I hit on this verse in the Psalms.   I’ve thought on it all week.  Now, it’s been a really long time since I was pregnant.  In fact, our baby boy was 36 this year.  However, I still remember how consumed I was with the health and well being of our 2 babies as I carried them around for over 9 months each.  I worried over what I should eat, how much I was throwing up and I dreamed about what these little Haines would be.  We made room in our tiny homes for them.  Their rooms were planned and decorated perfectly even on a budget!  We obsessed over their every movement inside of me.  We were so blessed by the birth of our long-awaited little boys.  We’ve been challenged, but never disillusioned by these two Haines’ men.

As I studied this week, I thought about all the things I carry around today.  I have doubts that I dwell on daily.  I focus on other’s faults rather than their fortes. At times, I am even guilty of evaluating ways to even the score with those who have hurt me.  In my many decades of life, I have conceived lots of trouble, but I want to make a change.  Life is too short to live with disillusionment. 

Today, we begin the month of December.  As the month draws to a close, we will all celebrate the birth of our Savior who changed our past and our futures.  Beginning today, I want to focus on carrying the things within my heart and mind that please the Savior.  I want to give birth to things that bring light to those around me.  What about you? 

No comments: