Monday, December 3, 2018

GO AGAINST THE FLOW


Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

Romans 12:2 

Notice anything “different” about my Christmas stockings?  Let me tell you the story.  Jeremy was the first grandchild on my side of the family.  My Mother went all out.  She was so excited about being a Nana.  Actually, she wanted to be “Granny” but Jeremy decided on Nana.  Long before he was born, she used her cross-stitching skills and made this beautiful stocking for him.  As far as I know, he was the only grandchild to get a hand made one.  It wasn’t until later that we realized that the stocking had been crafted backwards.  Some might consider it a mistake, but as Jeremy grew up into the man that he is today, it fit him perfectly.  In fact, he is quite proud of his stocking that faces differently from all the others.  As a little boy, he seemed to march to the beat of a different drummer.  I can’t count the times I told my husband I wish I could find that little drummer and take his drum sticks away!  As a man today, he continues to go against the flow of how the rest of the world thinks and acts.  He is the first to forgive and the last to hold a grudge.  You will not hear him slander anyone no matter what they do to him.  He is a man of faith and actions that back up that faith. 

He encourages me to go against the flow, too.  This Christmas season, let’s all look for ways to reach out to others in a new and different way.  It's okay that we don't all look just alike!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I wonder if it is in the name. You perfectly described my Jeromy as a man. Are we not blessed mamas?