Wednesday, December 5, 2018

OUR LAST WORDS


OUR LAST WORDS
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
I Peter 4:8


Like many of you, I have watched the television as it covered the death and funeral services of President George H.W. Bush.  Of all the wonderful tributes, one has touched me more than the others.  I am so moved by the President’s last words being “I love you, too.” I told David that I’m praying now that I will be able to utter those words as my last message to my family. 

When my time on earth is finished, there will not be television coverage or newspapers to issue accolades about my limited life.  Tributes will not pour in from around the world on my behalf.  I must tell you that my lack of renown does not bother me a single bit.  What would bother me above all else, is if my little circle didn’t know that they were loved greatly by me.

During this Christmas Season as we recall the greatest gift God has ever given, let you and I strive to love each other deeply.  Let each of us use words of love generously as we navigate this life.  When all is said and done, this will be the greatest message we can give those we truly love.  Let it be said of all of us that we loved well.

No comments: